article title : closed cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up witnessing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of pet cat container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and keeps litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the protected pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It’s very common for people to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the feline, the more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the materials type. They conform pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor entirely over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that getting a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” As well as the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that brings about my next idea.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked open up. Placing a long item such as a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area surrounding the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack 50 % full with litter. One of the most typical errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a huge help. Each day, scoop the pet waste into a tote, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and squirt cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up tight and dump it in the garbage!