article title : clever cat litter box liners
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one which is never to your cat’s preference and you wrap up finding your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of feline pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It is also neater and keeps litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the particles and odor trapped within the protected box may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is vital. It’s very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your kitty. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the pet cat, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may conclude having the pet cat litter being disperse around when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a preference on the material type. They modify pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor completely over time and no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the feline is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having experienced felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that leads to my next tip.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper on one of the racks works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, collection it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area about the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it on the wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. One of the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder near by also is a major help. Every day, scoop your pet waste products into a bag, double handbag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well concerning identify clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery carriers. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up limited and dump it in the garbage!