article title : catit jumbo hooded cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s habit towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up discovering your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of kitty container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and will keep litter checking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor caught within the protected box may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded pack, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty field is to the cat, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may wrap up having the pet cat litter being disperse around when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a preference on the material type. They adapt pretty well on plastic as well as metallic bins. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor forever over time no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” As well as the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that brings about my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area about the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it on the wall in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your container 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet waste into a carrier, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well concerning identify clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery luggage. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the tote up limited and dump it in the trash!