article title : catgenie 120 cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up viewing your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitty field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It’s also neater and maintains litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor caught within the protected pack may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded pack, on the other palm provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It is very common for folks to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more appealing the kitty field is to the kitten, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the kitten litter being disperse around when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a inclination on the materials type. They modify pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to manage and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor permanently after some time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an programmed pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that contributes to my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper on one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area across the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field 50 % full with litter. One of the most common mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Every day, scoop the pet waste materials into a carrier, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor round the litter box as well as to identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery bags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the carrier up restricted and dump it in the garbage!