article title : cat litter boxes with lids
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any feline owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up viewing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of kitten field available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and continues litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the covered pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded pack, on the other palm provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It is very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the kitty, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may finish up having the cat litter being disperse around when your feline scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a inclination on the material type. They adjust pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor entirely over time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Cause #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” And the feline is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having experienced felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that contributes to my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area round the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang it over a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of electric batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your package 50 percent full with litter. One of the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a big help. Each day, scoop the pet waste into a carrier, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and spray cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well concerning place clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery bags. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, connect the tote up limited and dump it in the trash!