article title : cat litter boxes reviews
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty box. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you end up finding your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of feline package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and keeps litter tracking to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the covered field may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other side provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It’s very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty package is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitten scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a inclination on the material type. They adjust pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to take care of and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor completely after some time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” And the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open. Placing a long item such as a roll of surprise wrap or shelf newspaper using one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery power and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field one half full with litter. Among the most common mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging nearby the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a large help. Every day, scoop the pet misuse into a handbag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and spray cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor about the litter box as well concerning spot clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery handbags. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, tie the tote up limited and dump it in the garbage!