article title : cat litter boxes petsmart
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s habit towards the use of its kitty field. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you conclude finding your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty package.
There are many different types of feline box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and retains litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor caught within the protected package may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded field, on the other hand provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is very important. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty pack is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the pet cat litter being disperse all over when your feline scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a desire on the material type. They conform pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor forever over time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that having a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Along with the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next hint.
- Where I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area around the box frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it over a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your package one half full with litter. One of the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s like a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a major help. Every day, scoop the pet waste material into a carrier, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor around the litter box as well concerning spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, put the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the bag up tight and dump it in the garbage!