article title : cat litter boxes for multiple cats
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any feline owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty box. Choose the one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up witnessing your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of kitty package available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy on their behalf. It’s also neater and will keep litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the protected field may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded field, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It is very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty package is to the kitty, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may finish up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a preference on the materials type. They conform pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor completely over time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an starting for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that brings about my next idea.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift wrap or shelf paper on one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area round the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field 1 / 2 full with litter. One of the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a big help. Each day, scoop your pet misuse into a tote, double handbag it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery bags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the handbag up limited and dump it in the trash!