article title : cat litter box that hooks up to toilet
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you wrap up finding your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of pet cat package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the particles and odor stuck within the protected container may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and old cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It is very common for people to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty box is to the feline, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the pet cat litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They adjust pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” Along with the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted just about everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that brings about my next hint.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area round the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or suspend it over a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. One of the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder near by also is a big help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double handbag it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor round the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery bags. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, toss the towels or wipes in with the litter, tie up the carrier up tight and dump it in the garbage!