article title : cat litter box that cleans itself
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty container. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s liking and you conclude experiencing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy to them. It is also neater and will keep litter tracking to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor stuck within the covered pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded package, on the other palm provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more appealing the kitty field is to the pet cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your kitten scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They adapt pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor permanently after some time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that contributes to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, collection it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area round the package frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or hang up it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger useful as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. One of the most common blunders people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a huge help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a bag, double bag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor round the litter box as well concerning position clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery handbags. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the bag up limited and dump it in the garbage!