article title : cat litter box odor solutions
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the use of its kitty box. Choose one that is not to your cat’s preference and you conclude experiencing your kitty preventing the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of feline pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for them. It is also neater and will keep litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor captured within the protected container may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the kitty to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is very important. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a inclination on the material type. They modify pretty much on plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to manage and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor completely over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Along with the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Astonished when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing an extended item like a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area throughout the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it on a wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack one half full with litter. One of the most typical errors people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Each day, scoop your pet misuse into a carrier, double handbag it, tie it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well as to place clean the actual litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery hand bags. Use your paper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, put the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the bag up small and dump it in the garbage!