article title : cat litter box india
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude experiencing your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of pet cat pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy on their behalf. It’s also neater and maintains litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor caught within the protected pack may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the pet cat, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest field that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may finish up having the feline litter being disperse around when your feline scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the materials type. They conform pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor permanently after some time no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever considered about these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” As well as the pet cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good signal you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Shocked when they see. Having acquired felines for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area throughout the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or suspend it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery power and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field 50 % full with litter. Among the most common blunders people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s just like a very clean package, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a huge help. Every day, scoop your pet waste material into a carrier, double bag it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the litter box as well concerning spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, toss the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the handbag up tight and dump it in the garbage!