article title : cat litter box in bathroom
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any pet cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you conclude witnessing your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitten package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it very much depends upon your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for them. It is also neater and continues litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor stuck within the covered pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded container, on the other hand provides more space for the kitty to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your feline. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the kitten, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may end up having the kitten litter being disperse all over when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the material type. They modify pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor once and for all after some time no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the pet cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having acquired pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an beginning for the feline to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next hint.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning materials, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of surprise wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, collection it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area about the box frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on the wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your box 50 percent full with litter. Among the most frequent faults people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a major help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a handbag, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and suspend the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor surrounding the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery carriers. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, toss the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the bag up tight and dump it in the garbage!