article title : cat litter box hiders
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty package. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up witnessing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of pet cat container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy for them. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter traffic monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust and odor captured within the protected pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded field, on the other palm provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and old cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the kitty, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your feline scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They change pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor completely after some time and no amount of washing can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next idea.
- Where I’ve found to keep the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area surrounding the container frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field fifty percent full with litter. Among the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging close to the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a huge help. Each day, scoop your pet waste into a tote, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and spray cleaner near the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery luggage. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the tote up restricted and dump it in the trash!