article title : cat litter box concealer
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any cat owner but little is well known of the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty field. Choose one which is never to your cat’s liking and you end up viewing your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of kitty container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much will depend on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It is also neater and retains litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the protected field may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other palm provides more space for the feline to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the more inviting it will be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty box is to the pet cat, the more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a preference on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on plastic as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor once and for all over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever pondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you questioning how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that using a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a pet cat?” And the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not exactly be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is feasible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having had pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box in your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next idea.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of surprise cover or shelf paper using one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to wash the area around the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or suspend it on a wall in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery power and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack fifty percent full with litter. One of the most frequent mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s just like a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging nearby the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a major help. Every day, scoop the pet waste materials into a bag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor across the litter box as well concerning spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the box completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery carriers. Use your paper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie up the bag up limited and dump it in the trash!