article title : cat litter box cabinets
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any pet cat owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s behavior towards the utilization of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you end up discovering your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of pet cat container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and will keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor stuck within the protected package may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other side provides more space for the feline to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It’s very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more inviting the kitty package is to the feline, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest container that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the materials type. They adjust pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic bins. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take in the urine odor once and for all over time and no amount of washing can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a great way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three great consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” And the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Amazed when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the cat to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that leads to my next suggestion.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the package frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or suspend it on the wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your package 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder close by also is a huge help. Each day, scoop your pet waste products into a bag, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and spray cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang up the paper towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor around the litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery luggage. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, tie up the bag up limited and dump it in the garbage!