article title : cat litter box automatic
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you finish up experiencing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of pet cat container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it very much is determined by your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it provides some privacy on their behalf. It is also neater and will keep litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust and odor captured within the protected pack may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded field, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a much better choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It is very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the kitty, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may conclude having the cat litter being disperse around when your cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adjust pretty well on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and washed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor permanently after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacement unit may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided together might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to consider is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others are more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything even worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” And the cat is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having possessed felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets just about everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an opening for the cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that brings about my next tip.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning items, or within an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf paper using one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your container 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging nearby the box. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a large help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a carrier, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor surrounding the litter box as well concerning identify clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery totes. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie up the carrier up small and dump it in the garbage!