article title : breeze tidy cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one that is not to your cat’s preference and you wrap up discovering your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty package.
There are various types of kitten pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for them. It’s also neater and keeps litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor captured within the protected pack may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a much better choice for very young and older cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the more inviting it will be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty package is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the cat litter being disperse around when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They change pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more costly than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Both of these categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste free. A robotic litter box is a great solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” Plus the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having possessed pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. In order that leads to my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the racks is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area around the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang up it over a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger helpful as well.
- Fill your container one half full with litter. One of the most typical flaws people make is not using enough litter in the field. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a big scooper hanging near to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder close by also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste into a bag, double carrier it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper towels and spray cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels within the door. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning place clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes along with the litter, tie the bag up small and dump it in the trash!