article title : booda dome cat litter box
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you finish up discovering your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of kitty package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy to them. It is also neater and retains litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust and odor trapped within the protected container may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other palm provides more space for the feline to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It is very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more appealing the kitty field is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to use it. So, always pick the largest box that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the kitty litter being disperse all over when your kitten scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a choice on the material type. They modify pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor completely over time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacement may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and ease of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you might just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” As well as the kitty is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good signal you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that leads to my next idea.
- Where There is to keep carefully the litter box is in a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area about the box frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang up it over a wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. Among the most typical mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s just like a very clean pack, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging close to the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery bag holder near by also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet throw away into a bag, double carrier it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well as to spot clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your paper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes within the litter, link the handbag up small and dump it in the trash!