article title : bionaire cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any feline owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty container. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you conclude discovering your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty box.
There are various types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It is also neater and will keep litter checking to the very least. However, the particles and odor caught within the protected container may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded field, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty package is very important. It is very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty box is to the feline, the more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest box that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a package may conclude having the feline litter being disperse around when your kitty scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They change pretty well on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to remember is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the clock automatically. This continuous cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an automated pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that possessing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Along with the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Astonished when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets almost everywhere. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an beginning for the pet cat to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that contributes to my next suggestion.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is in a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper using one of the racks works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to completely clean the area around the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on the shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger useful as well.
- Fill your box 50 percent full with litter. One of the most typical mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s just like a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the box without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a big help. Every day, scoop the pet waste material into a handbag, double bag it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the door. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning place clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, toss the towels or wipes within the litter, tie the tote up restricted and dump it in the trash!