article title : best automatic cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box can be an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the use of its kitty box. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you conclude witnessing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere you go else except in its kitty field.
There are many different types of kitten pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends on your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy on their behalf. It is also neater and continues litter checking to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor caught within the protected pack may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded package, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for individuals to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your pet cat. The more inviting the kitty pack is to the kitty, the more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a box may wrap up having the cat litter being disperse around when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 in .) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adjust pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to handle and washed. However, plastic have a tendency to take in the urine odor entirely after some time no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Significantly less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing volunteer for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you thinking how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” As well as the kitten is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good signal you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as is possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having experienced pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter containers clean and the house smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning items, or in an infrequently used area of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of present wrap or shelf paper on one of the racks works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, lines it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area across the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on a wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your field fifty percent full with litter. One of the most common mistakes people make is not using enough litter in the pack. Cat’s just like a very clean package, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the field without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging close to the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder near by also is a major help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a handbag, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery bags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes within the litter, connect the handbag up restricted and dump it in the garbage!