article title : best automatic cat litter box reviews
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you finish up viewing your kitty preventing the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are many different types of pet cat field available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using either one and it very much is determined by your cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid pet cats whereby it provides some privacy for them. It is also neater and retains litter checking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the protected box may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded field, on the other hand provides more space for the kitten to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your pet cat. The more welcoming the kitty container is to the kitty, the more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the pet cat litter being disperse around when your pet cat scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a choice on the material type. They change pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic containers. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and cleaned out. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor entirely after some time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This method was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. A number of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and simplicity of use without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Reason #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a home cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Set up Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that using a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” Plus the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not be keeping the litter box as clean as you can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Astonished when they see. Having experienced pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper on one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of power packs and charger useful as well.
- Fill your package 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean package, if there isn’t enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for disposing of the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder near by also is a large help. Every day, scoop your pet waste materials into a tote, double tote it, tie it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor across the litter box as well as to spot clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, put the towels or wipes along with the litter, link the bag up limited and dump it in the garbage!