article title : automatic cleaning cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any pet cat owner but little is well known to the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you wrap up witnessing your kitty preventing the use of computer totally. It may choose to pee and poo almost everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of feline container available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it very much depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and will keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the covered pack may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is very important. It’s very common for individuals to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, the greater inviting it will be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty package is to the feline, the more apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest package that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the cat litter being disperse all over when your kitten scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have a lot of a choice on the materials type. They change pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic boxes. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor forever after some time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, since the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more costly than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
Those two categories are not a firmly divided as you might think. There’s an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and ease of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your dog.
Purpose #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to scoop the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” Along with the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good sign you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that causes my next tip.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure to keep the door cracked available. Placing a long item like a roll of present cover or shelf paper on one of the cabinets works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic material or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang up it on the wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your package 1 / 2 full with litter. One of the most typical faults people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean package, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging nearby the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for disposing of the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a huge help. Every day, scoop the pet waste material into a bag, double tote it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well concerning place clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your paper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes convenient to completely clean the litter box and the encompassing floor. When you are done, put the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, connect the handbag up restricted and dump it in the trash!