article title : automatic cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for any cat owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up experiencing your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo everywhere else except in its kitty pack.
There are various types of pet cat box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Below are a few things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using either one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are good for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for the coffee lover. It’s also neater and helps to keep litter tracking to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the covered container may be unpleasant to some felines.
The unhooded container, on the other hand provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely a better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for folks to pick out a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty package is to the pet cat, the greater apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always select the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a box may end up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your kitten scuff marks the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a choice on the materials type. They adjust pretty well on plastic material as well as metallic boxes. The cheap ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and washed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor completely after some time no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often more costly than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is a broad ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three great consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the baking pan. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend outings, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell like an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which includes emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple pet cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a cat?” And the kitty is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you might not exactly be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They’ll track litter beyond your box though. So that leads to my next hint.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is within a small closet with cleaning equipment, or in an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open up. Placing a long item like a roll of present wrap or shelf paper using one of the cabinets is effective to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, range it with vinyl or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to completely clean the area round the container frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it over a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your container 50 percent full with litter. Among the most common blunders people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s like a very clean pack, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near the container. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder local also is a major help. Every day, scoop your pet waste into a carrier, double carrier it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor around the kitty litter box as well concerning spot clean the genuine kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery hand bags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes together with the litter, link the handbag up small and dump it in the garbage!