article title : automatic cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any cat owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the utilization of its kitty container. Choose one which is never to your cat’s preference and you conclude finding your kitty preventing the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty container.
There are various types of kitten box available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific benefits and drawbacks in using each one and it very much depends on your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid pet cats whereby it offers some privacy for the kids. It is also neater and continues litter monitoring to a minimum. However, the dust particles and odor trapped within the protected container may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It’s very common for folks to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the pet cat, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest package that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitty with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a package may finish up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth container (about 3 inches wide) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They modify pretty much on vinyl as well as metallic boxes. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to cope with and cleaned. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor permanently after some time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes are often higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are an effective way to boost sanitation and simplicity of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you is likely to be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever wondered about these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your furry friend.
Purpose #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant influence on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyways? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an programmed cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others will be more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can produce a remarkable difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that having a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Along with the feline is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That’s a good signal you may well not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Astonished when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to help make the job of feline care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter boxes clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid placing the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the feline to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. In order that contributes to my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, ensure that you keep carefully the door cracked available. Placing an extended item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf paper on one of the shelves works well to keep the door from being inadvertently closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area surrounding the package frequently. Store the vacuum over a shelf or hang up it on a wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack 1 / 2 full with litter. Among the most frequent faults people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder local also is a large help. Each day, scoop the pet waste into a bag, double carrier it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash pot or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and spray cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the kitty litter box as well as to identify clean the genuine litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery handbags. Use your newspaper bath towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes along with the litter, link the bag up small and dump it in the garbage!