article title : automatic cat litter box reviews
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any feline owner but little is well known to the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat’s behavior towards the use of its kitty box. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you end up finding your kitty avoiding the use of computer totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty package.
There are many different types of kitty pack available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it very much is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy on their behalf. It’s also neater and keeps litter checking to a minimum. However, the dust and odor captured within the covered box may be offensive to some cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more mature cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty field is very important. It is very common for individuals to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your cat. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the cat, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always pick the largest field that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may end up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 inches) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a preference on the material type. They change pretty much on clear plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to deal with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitution may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, because the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required plenty of effort on the area of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a great way to improve sanitation and ease of use without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will soon be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but they have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered about these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste free. A robotic cover box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell such as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my household. If the chore for cleaning up after kitty transmits everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing offer for the chore.
Zero matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that will have you questioning how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Organize Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything even worse that using a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitty?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That’s a good indication you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We’ve 5 cats and people who visit our home for the first time are always Stunned when they see. Having acquired cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried just about everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets all over. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an starting for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next tip.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or in an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item such as a roll of gift idea wrap or shelf newspaper using one of the shelves is effective to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with clear plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean the area surrounding the box frequently. Store the vacuum on a shelf or hang up it on the wall in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of electric batteries and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your box half full with litter. One of the most frequent errors people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there isn’t enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the field without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a big help. Each day, scoop the pet misuse into a carrier, double handbag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a roll of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner nearby the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws into the door and hang the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor across the litter box as well concerning identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery carriers. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. If you are done, put the towels or wipes together with the litter, link the bag up restricted and dump it in the trash!