article title : automatic cat litter box cleaner
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for just about any feline owner but little is well known of the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the utilization of its kitty field. Choose the one which is not to your cat’s liking and you end up finding your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It may choose to pee and poo just about everywhere else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of pet cat package available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it very much is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it provides some privacy for the coffee lover. It is also neater and will keep litter monitoring to the very least. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the protected pack may be unpleasant to some cats.
The unhooded box, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and aged cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty container is vital. It’s very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, the greater inviting it’ll be to your kitten. The more welcoming the kitty field is to the feline, a lot more apt he’ll be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a container may end up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your feline scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to be to have much of a desire on the materials type. They conform pretty much on plastic material as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take up the urine odor once and for all after some time and no amount of cleansing can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes in many cases are more expensive than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There’s a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. Top of the line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled with litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often triggered disastrous cat litter spills. Trust me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Higher level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these high end manual ones are an effective way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending a huge selection of dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to remember is that quality litter is simply as important as a quality litter box, specifically for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or only a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have sufficient advantages over traditional litter box pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. If you have ever pondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Reason #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for family pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep your pan waste material free. A robotic litter box is an excellent solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which contains emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take some needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are more willing offer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that developing a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” As well as the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good indication you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always SURPRISED when they see. Having had felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to make the job of kitten care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter bins clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box in your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. So that contributes to my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is within a small wardrobe with cleaning products, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item like a roll of present cover or shelf paper on one of the racks works well to keep carefully the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area around the pack frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang up it on the wall structure in the wardrobe. Consider keeping a supplementary set of electric batteries and charger useful as well.
- Fill your pack half full with litter. One of the most frequent flaws people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s just like a very clean box, if there is not enough litter, they may go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie handy for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder near by also is a big help. Each day, scoop your pet misuse into a handbag, double handbag it, tie it up airtight and put it in a protected trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a spin of paper bath towels and squirt cleaner close to the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels within the door. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well as to position clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the field completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your useful grocery totes. Use your newspaper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes helpful to completely clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, throw the bath towels or wipes within the litter, tie up the handbag up small and dump it in the garbage!