article title : automated cat litter boxes
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for any feline owner but little is known to the fact that the selection of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s liking and you end up experiencing your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It may choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty box.
There are many different types of feline pack available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using either one and it quite definitely is determined by your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for these people. It is also neater and continues litter checking to a minimum. However, the particles and odor stuck within the covered package may be offensive to some felines.
The unhooded box, on the other side provides more space for the pet cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and more aged cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It is very common for folks to choose a kitty litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your kitty. The more inviting the kitty package is to the kitty, the greater apt he will be to use it. So, always select the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may finish up having the kitty litter being disperse around when your cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth pack (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the material type. They change pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The clear plastic ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and cleansed. However, plastic have a tendency to take the urine odor forever after some time and no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You will find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Both of these categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, as the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as you might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were only a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there’s nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the sole difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity of use without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. Something to consider is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Execute a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. The truth is, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered regarding these litter loving devices, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your pet.
Purpose #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This regular cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat containers, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for dog or cat or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home at all times, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste materials free. A robotic cover box is an excellent solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Stinky
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the package. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, holding the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you can look froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter container.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty directs everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste materials pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can produce a dramatic difference in your home. This is certainly one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything more serious that creating a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Along with the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as you can.
We’ve 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got felines for over 25 years, I’ve tried almost everything to help make the job of pet cat care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing techniques for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid adding the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere. When you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the kitten to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that brings about my next idea.
- The best place I’ve found to keep carefully the litter box is a small wardrobe with cleaning equipment, or within an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item like a roll of present wrap or shelf paper on one of the racks works well to keep the door from being accidentally closed. If the region is carpeted, line it with plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, take away the carpet if possible. Make an effort to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean up the area throughout the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or suspend it on a wall membrane in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your package one half full with litter. One of the most typical blunders people make is not using enough litter in the package. Cat’s like a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if indeed they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a huge scooper hanging near to the field. Consider keeping a diaper genie useful for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder nearby also is a major help. Each day, scoop your pet waste materials into a bag, double bag it, connect it up airtight and put it in a covered trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. If it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper towels on the inside of the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to completely clean the floor throughout the litter box as well as to identify clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your convenient grocery handbags. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, chuck the towels or wipes within the litter, tie up the bag up tight and dump it in the trash!