article title : auto clean cat litter box
Buying the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box can be an essential item for just about any kitty owner but little is known of the fact that the selection of a litter box make a difference your cat’s tendencies towards the use of its kitty container. Choose one that is never to your cat’s liking and you finish up seeing your kitty avoiding the use from it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty container.
There are many different types of pet cat field available. They come in various sizes and designs. Below are a few factors to consider whenever choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely is determined by your felines personality. The hooded ones are good for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy on their behalf. It is also neater and continues litter checking to a minimum. However, the dirt and odor stuck within the protected field may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other hand provides more space for the cat to stand and turn around freely. Which is definitely a better choice for very young and older cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty box is vital. It is very common for people to choose a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your cat. The more appealing the kitty container is to the cat, a lot more apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old pet cat with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a field may wrap up having the feline litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth field (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have much of a choice on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to cope with and cleaned. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor once and for all over time no amount of cleaning can remove the smell. So more alternative may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
You can find two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories reference different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require less user effort.
Both of these categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The top of line automatic litter boxes, like the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide range as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the the main cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Believe me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by a human hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a considerable ways since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to remember is that quality litter is equally as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you will undoubtedly be surprised at the incredible deals you will find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Perhaps you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gizmos, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Cause #3 – It’s Much healthier
Most models of low maintenance litter boxes clean the pan around the time clock automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can increase and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the litter box clean is your best defense, except if you are home all of the time, it’s next to impossible to maintain the pan waste free. A robotic litter box box is a great solution and healthier for family pet and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with scent rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage cat from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a self cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It can a Huge Time Saver
Who likes to details the litter box anyway? Not I and not anyone else within my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others are more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you will find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This really is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever managed without it.
Tips to Plan Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything worse that getting a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a kitten?” As well as the kitten is nowhere to be observed? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you may not be keeping the litter box as clean as it can be.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the first time are always Amazed when they see. Having experienced cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out just about everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing methods for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with only a small amount commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the kitty litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets all over the place. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the cat to walk through. They will track litter outside the box though. So that brings about my next tip.
- The best place There is to keep carefully the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning resources, or within an infrequently used section of the house. If there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked open. Placing a long item like a roll of gift idea cover or shelf newspaper on one of the racks works well to keep the door from being unintentionally closed. If the area is carpeted, series it with plastic or vinyl carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet if possible. Try to get a kitty litter box that has high wall surfaces and a dome or cover.
- Keep a portable vacuum handy to clean the area throughout the box frequently. Store the vacuum on the shelf or hang it on a wall membrane in the wardrobe. Consider keeping an extra set of batteries and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. Among the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean container, if there is not enough litter, they could go outside the box. And if they use the pack without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a sizable scooper hanging near the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder nearby also is a big help. Each day, scoop the pet waste materials into a bag, double tote it, tie up it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner nearby the litter box. Whether it’s in a closet, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and suspend the paper towels within the entranceway. Or get a box of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to clean the floor across the kitty litter box as well concerning position clean the real kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the package completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery luggage. Use your newspaper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the kitty litter box and the encompassing floor. If you are done, chuck the towels or wipes in with the litter, link the handbag up small and dump it in the trash!