article title : auto cat litter box reviews
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any cat owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box make a difference your cat’s action towards the use of its kitty pack. Choose the one which is never to your cat’s preference and you conclude witnessing your kitty avoiding the use than it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over the place else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of kitty container available. They come in a variety of sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are certain pros and cons in using each one and it very much will depend on your cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid felines whereby it offers some privacy for them. It is also neater and keeps litter traffic monitoring to the very least. However, the dust particles and odor captured within the covered box may be unpleasant to some pet cats.
The unhooded container, on the other hands provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. And this is definitely an improved choice for very young and elderly cats since they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Kitty litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is vital. It’s very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The larger the box, a lot more inviting it’ll be to your feline. The more appealing the kitty box is to the kitten, the greater apt he will be to utilize it. So, always pick the largest container that your living space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too much a depth may deter you young kittens or old kitten with arthritis from using it. Too shallow a container may conclude having the cat litter being disperse all over when your pet cat scratches the litter. So choose a shallow depth box (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t appear to have a lot of a desire on the materials type. They adapt pretty well on plastic as well as metallic bins. The plastic material ones are usually cheaper and they are easier to take care of and cleaned out. However, plastic have a tendency to take up the urine odor permanently after some time and no amount of cleansing can take away the smell. So more replacing may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. These two categories refer to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, whilst the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be higher priced than manual boxes but require much less user effort.
These two categories are not a firmly divided together might think. There is an extensive ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, including the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and may even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide variety as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were simply a plastic tray filled up with litter. These trays were messy and required a lot of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This technique was messy and unsanitary and often led to disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
High level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Many of these systems resemble automatic systems, with the only real difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not just a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top quality manual ones are a good way to improve sanitation and simplicity without spending countless dollars.
Litter boxes have come quite a distance since their origins as glorified sand boxes. One thing to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, particularly for odor control. Perform a quick search on the Internet and you is going to be surprised at the incredible deals you can find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In reality, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional litter pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event you have ever considered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three reasons to consider getting one for your dog.
Cause #3 – It’s Healthier
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the skillet. In ordinary cat bins, the bacteria can grow and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. That is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for pet and owner alike.
Purpose #2 – It’s Much less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with odor rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage kitty from using the container. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a personal cleaning cat box provides makes a significant impact on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend trips, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter box.
Reason #1 – Is actually a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to information the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else inside my home. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a self cleaning cat litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the waste pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take as well as needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats, cleaning an programmed pet cat box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you could just find that others will be more willing you are not selected for the chore.
No matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a low maintenance litter box for your pet can make a remarkable difference in your home. This is one of those devices that will have you wondering how you ever maintained without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Is there anything more serious that creating a guest come into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” And the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good sign you may well not be keeping the litter box as clean as you possibly can.
We have 5 cats and folks who visit our home for the very first time are always Shocked when they see. Having got pet cats for over 25 years, I’ve attempted almost everything to make the job of pet cat care easier. Listed below are seven of my best organizing tips for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little time and effort as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom unless you absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a fully enclosed litter box with an beginning for the kitty to walk through. They will track litter beyond your box though. In order that causes my next hint.
- Where There is to keep the litter box is at a small closet with cleaning supplies, or within an infrequently used section of the house. When there is a door, be sure to keep carefully the door cracked open. Placing an extended item like a roll of present wrap or shelf newspaper on one of the shelves is effective to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, range it with vinyl or vinyl carpet liner. Or better yet, take away the carpet when possible. Make an effort to get a litter box that has high walls and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to wash the area round the field frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner on a shelf or suspend it over a wall structure in the closet. Consider keeping a supplementary set of battery packs and charger convenient as well.
- Fill your pack 50 % full with litter. One of the most frequent blunders people make is not using enough litter in the box. Cat’s like a very clean package, if there is not enough litter, they may go outside the box. And if indeed they use the container without enough litter, it will smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the job easier by keeping a big scooper hanging nearby the pack. Consider keeping a diaper genie convenient for losing the litter. Keeping a grocery store bag holder close by also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste materials into a tote, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a protected trash box or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper bath towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a paper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a container of pop-up wipes. I take advantage of the wipes to clean the floor about the kitty litter box as well as to place clean the real litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the container completely monthly. Dump the litter into one of your helpful grocery handbags. Use your paper towels or a disposable pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes handy to completely clean the litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, put the towels or wipes within the litter, connect the carrier up limited and dump it in the trash!