article title : amazon cat litter boxes
Purchasing the Right Litter Box For Your Cat
Everyone knows a litter box is an essential item for just about any kitten owner but little is known to the fact that your choice of a kitty litter box can affect your cat’s patterns towards the use of its kitty package. Choose the one that is not to your cat’s preference and you conclude viewing your kitty avoiding the use of it totally. It could choose to pee and poo all over else except in its kitty field.
There are various types of pet cat box available. They come in various sizes and designs. Here are some things to consider when choosing your kitty kitty litter box.
1 Hood or Unhooded.
There are specific pros and cons in using each one and it quite definitely depends upon your pet cats personality. The hooded ones are best for timid cats whereby it offers some privacy for them. It is also neater and maintains litter tracking to the very least. However, the dirt and odor trapped within the covered box may be offensive to some pet cats.
The unhooded pack, on the other side provides more space for the cat to stand and change freely. Which is definitely an improved choice for very young and elderly cats being that they are more accessible.
2 Size of the Litter box
The sizeof your kitty pack is very important. It is very common for people to pick out a litter box that is too small. The bigger the box, a lot more inviting it will be to your kitten. The more appealing the kitty package is to the cat, the greater apt he’ll be to use it. So, always select the largest pack that your liveable space can accommodate.
3 Depth of the Litter Box
Too high a depth may deter you young kittens or old feline with joint disease from using it. Too shallow a pack may wrap up having the kitten litter being disperse around when your kitty scrapes the litter. So choose a shallow depth package (about 3 ins) for kittens and keep carefully the deeper varieties for your adult cats (6 inches)
4 Material Type
Cats don’t seem to have much of a choice on the materials type. They adapt pretty much on plastic as well as metallic containers. The plastic ones are usually cheaper and they’re easier to handle and cleansed. However, plastic tend to take the urine odor completely over time and no amount of cleaning can take away the smell. So more substitute may be necessary.
The Differences Between Manual and Automatic Cat Litter Boxes
There are two types of cat litter boxes: manual and automatic. Those two categories make reference to different cleaning methods. Automatic boxes are, while the name suggests, self-cleaning, whereas manual ones require user labor. Automatic boxes tend to be more expensive than manual boxes but require far less user effort.
Those two categories aren’t a firmly divided as one might think. There is a wide ranging spectrum in both automatic boxes and manual boxes. The surface of the line automatic litter boxes, such as the Litter Robot, are completely self sufficient and will even flush the waste by itself. Other automatic boxes are merely mechanized versions of top-of-the-line manual boxes.
Manual boxes have a wide selection as well. Old fashioned manual boxes were nothing more than a plastic tray full of litter. These trays were messy and required lots of effort on the part of the cat owner. They required scooping waste and dumping the litter. This process was messy and unsanitary and often resulted in disastrous cat litter spills. Trust in me, there is nothing worse than a litter box cleaning gone bad.
Advanced level manual boxes have intricate raking systems and interchangeable trays. Several systems resemble automatic systems, with the only difference being that the mechanized cleaning systems are powered by an individual hand and not really a battery. For the frugal pet owner, these top end manual ones are a great way to enhance sanitation and simplicity without spending hundreds of dollars.
Litter boxes have come a long way since their origins as glorified sand boxes. A very important factor to keep in mind is that quality litter is just as important as a quality litter box, especially for odor control. Do a quick search on the Internet and you will be surprised at the incredible deals you’ll find on cat litter boxes.
Top 3 Reasons to Use a Self Cleaning Cat Litter Box
Maybe you have heard of a self cleaning cat litter box but have wondered if they are effective or simply a bunch of hype. In fact, these litter boxes have many advantages over traditional cover pans. They can keep your environment healthier and save time too. In the event that you have ever wondered regarding these litter loving gadgets, here are the top three good consider getting one for your pet.
Reason #3 – It’s More healthy
Most models of self cleaning litter boxes clean the pan around the time automatically. This frequent cleaning makes it less likely that unhealthy bacteria will develop in the pan. In ordinary cat boxes, the bacteria can develop and get on kitty’s paws and then be tracked through the house. Which is not healthy for pet or owner. While keeping the cat litter box clean is your best defense, unless of course you are home all the time, it’s next to impossible to keep the pan waste materials free. A robotic litter box is a perfect solution and healthier for dog or cat and owner alike.
Cause #2 – It’s Significantly less Smelly
Let’s face it, a litter box can become ripe with smell rather quickly, especially in hot or humid weather. These foul odors are unpleasant for humans and may even discourage pet from using the box. The continuous maintenance and scooping that a do it yourself cleaning cat box provides makes a significant effect on odor control. Most models scoop waste in to a sealed unit, trapping the odor and keeping the actual pan smelling fresh. For people who work long hours or take short weekend journeys, you will consider froward to coming home to a house that doesn’t smell as an used litter package.
Reason #1 – It’s a Huge Time Savings
Who likes to details the litter box anyhow? Not I and not anyone else in my household. If the chore of cleaning up after kitty sends everyone running in the other direction, a personal cleaning litter box may just change that. Most models require occasional maintenance which involves emptying the spend pan and nothing more. Where as scooping can take time and needs to be done daily if you have multiple cats and kittens, cleaning an computerized kitten box is fast and simple. So quick and easy in fact that you may just find that others are definitely more willing volunteer for the chore.
Simply no matter what reason you find most compelling, investing in a self cleaning litter box for your pet can make a dramatic difference in your home. This is one of those devices that have you thinking how you ever handled without it.
Tips to Coordinate Your Cat’s Litter Box Area
Will there be anything worse that developing a guest enter into your home and instantly say “Oh, you have a feline?” Along with the cat is nowhere to be seen? Oops. That is clearly a good signal you might not be keeping the kitty litter box as clean as possible.
We have 5 cats and people who visit our home for the very first time are always Stunned when they see. Having possessed cats for over 25 years, I’ve tried out almost everything to make the job of kitty care easier. Here are seven of my best organizing tricks for keeping the litter containers clean and the home smelling fresh with as little commitment as possible.
- Avoid putting the litter box within your own bathroom if you don’t absolutely have to! The litter gets everywhere you go. If you have to keep it there, get a completely enclosed kitty litter box with an opening for the pet cat to walk through. They’ll track litter outside the box though. So that causes my next idea.
- The best place There is to keep the litter box is at a small wardrobe with cleaning supplies, or in an infrequently used area of the house. When there is a door, make sure you keep the door cracked wide open. Placing a long item such as a roll of gift cover or shelf paper on one of the shelves works well to keep carefully the door from being accidentally closed. If the area is carpeted, brand it with clear plastic or vinyl fabric carpet liner. Or even better, remove the carpet when possible. Try to get a litter box that has high wall space and a dome or cover.
- Keep a handheld vacuum handy to clean up the area round the pack frequently. Store the vacuum cleaner over a shelf or hang up it on a wall in the closet. Consider keeping an extra set of battery power and charger handy as well.
- Fill your box one half full with litter. One of the most common errors people make is not using enough litter in the container. Cat’s such as a very clean field, if there is not enough litter, they could go beyond your box. And if they use the package without enough litter, it’ll smell worse.
- Scoop often. Make the work easier by keeping a large scooper hanging near to the package. Consider keeping a diaper genie helpful for losing the litter. Keeping a food bag holder nearby also is a major help. Each day, scoop the pet waste products into a bag, double tote it, link it up airtight and put it in a covered trash container or a diaper genie.
- Keep a move of paper towels and aerosol cleaner near to the litter box. Whether it’s in a wardrobe, use a newspaper towel holder that screws in to the door and hang up the paper bath towels within the entranceway. Or get a pot of pop-up wipes. I use the wipes to completely clean the floor across the litter box as well as to identify clean the actual kitty litter box between cleanings.
- Empty the pack completely once a month. Dump the litter into one of your handy grocery carriers. Use your paper bath towels or a throw-away pop-up cleaning product such as Clorox Wipes useful to clean the kitty litter box and the surrounding floor. When you are done, chuck the bath towels or wipes in with the litter, tie the tote up restricted and dump it in the trash!